Are you worried about cancelling your regular date night because there’s no room in your budget? You really don’t need to worry because date night is not about money; it is about spending quality time with your loved one. Rather than going to expensive places and spending more than you can afford, the important thing is to reinforce and rejuvenate your love by doing things together and simply enjoying each other’s company.
Here are 5 fun date night ideas that cost little but are no less fun:
- A cozy dinner for two at home: You don’t have to go out to have fun – you can make it happen at home. Make a favourite dish together, or pick out a recipe and have fun creating something new together. Don’t forget to get a bottle of your favourite (inexpensive!) wine. Have your dinner sitting cozily together on the sofa and spend the rest of the night catching up.
- Watch the sunset together: Few things in nature are more beautiful than the setting sun – if you watch it from the right place. If you know of a nice and quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of city life where you can sit together and watch the setting sun, then pack some snacks and drive there an hour before sunset. Find the perfect vantage point and sit together. Watch the sun as it turns orange and then red as it sinks slowly below the horizon.
- Plan your next trip: Why not spend your next date night planning for the vacation or road trip you’ve been wanting to take? You might have to save up for the trip for a while, but creating an itinerary, and a plan to save for it may just be the motivation you need. Decide where you’d like to go, and what sights you want to see. You could even spice up the evening by preparing a meal inspired by your future travel destination.
- Teach each other: Maybe you’re a pro gardener, and your spouse is a great cook. While it’s fun to have individual hobbies, it can also be fun to share them with our loved ones. Plan an evening to teach each other your hobby, and see if you can create the next green thumb or budding chef!
- Go house hunting: For this date night activity, you can either stay in, or head out for a walk or drive in your neighbourhood. Search online for your dream home or a fixer-upper you’d love to take on as a project. Even if you aren’t in the market to purchase a home, this can be a fun activity for you and your special someone. You’ll get an idea of what you’d both like in a new house, and what each other’s design tastes are.
A great date night doesn’t have to be expensive. With a little creativity, you can have a special date night with your loved one and stick to your budget.